The new series of Married At First Sight is underway and we are already hooked.
The first week has already brought the drama, with some awkward moments as Laura and Rozz met their new husbands-to-be, some emotional moments as the show’s first trans contestant Ella opened up about her family – and a whole lot more besides.
Why is Married At First Sight not on tonight? Here’s what you need to know…
Why is Married At First Sight not on tonight?
Quite simply, Married At First Sight UK is not on TV tonight as there is no new episode on Fridays.
The series airs four new episodes a week, every Monday to Thursday at 9pm until 10.05pm on E4.
But while you won’t be getting your MAFS fix from Friday to Sunday, you can take comfort in the fact that you’re getting the longest series of Married At First Sight UK yet.
This year the series consists of 36 episodes – a whole nine weeks’ worth – meaningit’ll run until around mid-November, when we’ll get to see the all-important final commitment ceremonies.
Who are the contestants in this year’s series?
This year’s line-up will see 16 contestants looking for their happy ever after – with one TV insider saying the cast have creative some ‘explosive’ moments.
We’ve already seen some moments of awkwardness after Rozz Darlington and Thomas Kriaras took part in an incredibly awkward photoshoot where she was reluctant to lean back in his arms – while Laura, who was in the market for a ‘Chelsea boy’, left viewers cringing with her reaction to tennis coach husband Arthur.
‘This year has a younger cast, which has resulted in loads of drama,’ the source told OK!
The show is also making history with its first ever trans contestant, 29-year-old Ella, who has said: This experiment is so much more than just me getting married.
‘I see this as a big deal for someone who has transitioned.’
Here’s who you’ll be getting to know over the coming weeks as they form matches in made in heaven – or hell:
- Arthur, 34, tennis coach from London (originally Poland)
- Brad, 27, model from Grimsby
- Georges , 35, sports rehabilitator from Surrey
- Luke, 30, sales executive from Clacton
- Nathanial, 36, events marketing manager from Manchester
- Paul, 25, account manager from Chesham
- Terence, 40, youth worker and DJ from Reading
- Thomas, 27, investment communications worker from Wiltshire
- Ella, 29, clinic consultant from Weston-Super-Mare
- Jay, 31, sales manager from Lancashire
- Laura, 34, finance manager from Hampshire
- Peggy, 32, technology risk partner from Kent
- Porscha, 36, executive assistant from London
- Rosaline, 28, florist from Crewe
- Shona, 31, performing arts teacher from Nottingham
- Tasha, 25, childcare assistant from Leeds.