Simon Cowell helps Britain’s Got Talent star after ‘shock’ accident


Simon Cowell and fellow judges were said to have halted Britain’s Got Talent filming when a contestant had a fall (Picture: ITV)

Simon Cowell rushed onto stage when a member of a dance troupe auditioning for Britain’s Got Talent collapsed, it has been reported.

The 64-year-old judge reportedly raced to check on the contestant, who suffered a fall and was said to be ‘in agony’.

Filming was halted for an hour due to the ‘shock collapse’ of the man in his twenties, but only after the rest of the troupe completed the routine, unaware of how bad the injury was.

He was attended by medics on set ‘as a precaution’ according to the ITV show.

Fellow judge Bruni Tonioli joined Simon backstage to check on the man, while Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden waited for news with the audience.

A source told The Sun: ‘It was a real shock when it happened as the lad, who was in his early twenties, was obviously in agony.

Bruno Tonioli, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden are joining Simon for this series of the talent competition (Picture: PA)
Simon is sporting a bit of a new look at the moment (Picture: ITV)

‘Unfortunately the rest of the troupe were so focused, and there were so many of them, that they had completed the routine before they quite realised how badly injured he was.

‘It’s believed he had somehow aggravated an existing injury, but initially it wasn’t clear quite what had happened.

‘After the safety curtain came down Simon and fellow judge Bruno Tonioli went backstage to check on the lad.’

A spokesman for Britain’s Got Talent said: ‘The health and safety of our contestants is of the utmost importance.

‘A member of a dance group sustained an injury whilst auditioning and was seen by medics on set as a precaution.’

This comes after an insider told Metro.co.uk claims Simon was forced to miss a number of auditions for the upcoming series due to a debilitating headache was ‘completely over-exaggerated rubbish that’s deliberately overspun’.  

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Simon is a busy dad, as his nine-year-old son Eric joined him for the London auditions (Picture: PA)

Speaking last week, the source continued: ‘He wasn’t filming last week at all anyway.

‘The week before he filmed the entire week but on Wednesday very late evening Simon had a migraine from the bright filming lights and missed just two acts at the very end of the day.

‘He returned to filming the next day and for the rest of the week.’

This comes after the BGT set was disrupted by a woman who attempted to ‘get backstage’ to see the judges, resulting in police being called.

Simon’s nine-year-old son Eric joined dad Simon at the London auditions for the talent show and the music mogul was reportedly left ’embarrassed’ after the youngster made a very honest remark about an act.

When asked his opinion, according to an onlooker Eric said: ‘I didn’t really like the first bit, but I liked the second bit.’

The Mirror reported that Amanda took the opportunity to make a joke and told the crowd: ‘He’s a chip off the old block!’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Simon Cowell illness claims on Britain’s Got Talent slammed as ‘rubbish’


MORE : X Factor contestant still hasn’t recovered from appalling Simon Cowell remark





Source link