Prince Harry spotted leaving The Late Show after downing tequila with Stephen Colbert | Royal | News
Prince Harry has been pictured leaving the studios following his interview on The Late Show, which saw him drink Tequila shows with host Stephen Colbert. The interview, which will broadcast in the US tonight, saw the Duke of Sussex answer a series of questions from the late night host in his Colbert Questionert segment. Some of the questions his guests are asked include what their favourite sandwich is, what app they most use on their phone and what number Colbert might be thinking at that point in time.
It is not known what Harry’s replies were but people at the recording at the Ed Sullivan Theatre in New York City filmed some of the segment where Harry was speaking with two tequila shots he later downed.
The prince has been doing a series of interviews in the US as he looks to promote his bombshell book, Spare, which has now officially gone on sale.
On Monday the Duke of Sussex, wearing a grey suit and navy shirt, was pictured walking from his SUV into the studios to meet Colbert.
CBS announced: “The interview will be Prince Harry‘s first time visiting The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and coincides with the release date of his new memoir, Spare.
The PR team added: “With its raw, unflinching honesty, Spare is a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.”
Harry was joined at the studios by a security guard carrying a Glock lock-box, used to carry his gun and ammunition.
Last year, the Duke of Sussex launched legal action against authorities in the UK after he was blocked under law from being accompanies by private armed guards in the country.
He said he “does not feel safe” in Britain without armed security, according to High Court papers filed in London, adding the decision to prevent him being accompanied by armed guards is “unlawful” and “unfair”
Earlier in the day, Harry was seen leaving his Manhattan hotel, where rooms start at $400, rising to $3,500 a night for a suite.
But there was no sign of his wife Meghan Markle, or young children Archie and Lilibet, who are believed to have stayed at home in California.
On Monday during his interview on Good Morning America, the duke told host Michael Strahan he would likely never return to live in the UK.
In early 2020, Harry and Meghan moved from the UK to the US and subsequently, agreed to quit their roles as working members of the Royal Family.
But during the interview with GMA, he launched more attacks against the British press, and said interest from them would make his family’s lives ‘unsurvivable’ if his family were ever to return to his home country.
The prince said: “I don’t think that, even if there was an agreement or an arrangement between me and my family, there’s that third party [the British press] that’s going to do everything they can to make sure that that isn’t possible.
“Not stopping us from going back but making it unsurvivable.”
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit: /news
Stay up to date with all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/DailyExpress and @daily_express